We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Starters with cheese
A creamy cheese dip, which is great for dinner parties. A bread bowl is filled with a mixture of melted cream cheese, soured cream, Cheddar cheese, spinach, bacon and onion.
4 people made this
- 1 round fresh loaf
- 250g cream cheese
- 125ml soured cream
- 230g grated mature Cheddar cheese
- 2 large handfuls spinach
- 250g bacon
- 1 small onion
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 15g butter
- salt and pepper
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:45min ›Ready in:1hr5min
- Preheat oven to 170 C / Gas 3.
- Fry bacon and onion in a frying pan with butter until golden brown.
- Add garlic and spinach. Stir until spinach is wilted.
- Place soured cream and cream cheese into frying pan and mix until well blended. Add cheese to the mix and turn off heat and mix through.
- Slice top off the bread and hollow out using your hands. Place removed bread into a bag to keep soft.
- Pour cheese mix into hollowed out loaf and place on lid. Wrap loaf several times in foil and place in oven.
- When almost done, tear leftover bread into bite-sized pieces. These will be used for dipping. You may need to use extra bread.
- Serve by removing foil and lid of bread. Serve alongside bread pieces.