We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Bread without yeast
Renowned as a culinary delight across Latin America, cornbread is best served warm and straight out the oven. It's savoury, but contains a moreish, gentle sweetness in every bite. Simply irresistible.
11 people made this
- 200g yellow cornmeal or polenta flour
- 100g plain flour, sifted
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp Discovery® Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 50g mature Cheddar, grated
- 1 tbsp Discovery® Red Jalapeños
- 350ml milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:35min
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas 6. Grease and line 22cm square cake tin.
- Mix together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, seasoning, sugar, salt, cheese and jalapenos.
- Beat together milk, oil and egg and stir into cornmeal mixture to make a smooth batter.
- Cook in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until set and browned.
- Turn out of tin, cut into squares and serve warm.
See it on my blog
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1)
Reviews in English (1)
This was a really great bread to go with my Mexican meal. Had a lovely colour and delicious flavour. The addition of the jalapeños gave it a nice kick of heat. Will make again!-16 Aug 2013