We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Eggplants washed, wiped, cut into slices (not to the end) are powdered with salt and pepper. On each put a little crushed garlic and 1 basil leaf; Also between the rounds put 1 slice of cheese and 1 slice of tomato; Wrap the eggplant in baking paper and bake for 40 minutes, then remove. Remove the paper, sprinkle grated cheese on top and bake for another 10 minutes.
Ingredients Eggplant food & # 8211 Turkish recipe Soslu patlıcan
- 2 eggplants (350 grams each were mine)
- lemon juice
- 150 grams of chopped onion
- 1 large red bell pepper (had 200 grams of mine), chopped into cubes
- 1 hot pepper (give up, if you don't like it too hot), cleaned of seeds and ribs and finely chopped
- 300 grams of well-ripened, fleshy tomatoes, without many seeds, scalded, peeled and diced
- 2 good cloves of garlic, crushed
- 130 ml. of extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- pul biber & # 8211 ie hot pepper flakes, for garnishing the preparation (only if you want)
- chopped green parsley for sprinkling
Eggplant food preparation & # 8211 Turkish recipe Soslu patlıcan
1. For this eggplant dish, the eggplant is prepared in the same way as for İmam bayıldı or Karniyarik. In Turkish cuisine, eggplants are highly prized, and these people really know how to get the best out of them. The eggplant is washed well and peeled, keeping it on certain parts. As seen below, like zebras. Eggplant peel is bitter, so let's not keep it all. To a lesser extent, however, the peel accentuates the taste of the eggplants and provides texture in this eggplant dish.
Prepare a large bowl of cold water (3-4 liters) in which we dissolve 1 tablespoon with a pinch of salt and lemon juice. Eggplants, cleaned as described above, are placed in this bowl.
2. Cover the eggplant with a plate, so that it is well immersed in the water with salt and lemon. The salt will extract the bitter juice from them and the lemon will prevent them from oxidizing. We leave them like this for at least half an hour.
3. After they have softened well, remove the eggplant from the brine. We squeeze them lightly, pressing them, then we blow them with kitchen towels. We can cook the eggplants in the pan or in the oven, I preferred to make them in the oven, so I turned on the oven and set it at 180 ° C, ventilated.
4. While the oven is heating, cut the eggplant into cubes of about 3 cm / side. Prepare a tray with baking paper, put the eggplant on it and sprinkle with 100 ml. olive oil. Mix well, practically, the eggplant will immediately absorb all the oil. It may seem like a lot of oil, but this eggplant dish is in the category of Turkish dishes zeytinyağlı, which I also talked about at İmam bayıldı's recipe. It is specific to these dishes to be cooked in olive oil. It's exactly what gives the eggplant, in the end, its creamy, delicious texture. Sprinkle the eggplants with a pinch of salt and place in a preheated oven at 180 ° C, with ventilation, or static 190 ° C. If you prefer to fry them, heat ¹⁄3 of the same amount of oil (100 ml) in three slices, and fry the eggplant, one at a time, until browned and soft and creamy.
5. In the oven, the eggplants are ready in about 25 minutes, ie when they are slightly browned and each cube is soft and creamy.
Cooking the dish
6. As long as the eggplant is baked, we have enough time to prepare the base for our eggplant dish. In a large, deep frying pan, put the rest of the oil and heat over medium heat. Add chopped onion, diced bell pepper and, if using, finely chopped hot pepper, finely chopped seeds and ribs. Sprinkle a little salt and reduce the heat to low. Fry the vegetables, stirring often, until well softened, without browning. For me, the hardening lasted 15 minutes.
7. After the vegetables in the pan have softened well, add the peeled and diced tomatoes. Bring to a good boil to form the sauce.
8. Now add the already ripe eggplants. They mix easily, because they are soft and the last thing we want would be to crush them. Now add to the eggplant dish the crushed garlic and a cup of coffee with hot water (about 50-60 ml).
9. Let our eggplant dish simmer for 5 minutes, making all the flavors well. Turn off the heat and season with salt and pepper to taste. It is served hot or cold, as a side dish or plain, with a good bread, with which the last drop of sauce is carefully wiped. When serving, sprinkle with chopped green parsley and biber chicken (if desired).
Fasting appetizer recipes. Delicious, quick and easy to make.
My dear ones, today I thought of continuing the series of collections of fasting recipes that will inspire you when you need to cook something good without meat, milk or eggs. There are other such collections of fasting recipes on the site & # 8211 fasting food recipes and fasting dessert recipes.
Another collection, designed differently from them is the one with 40 fasting recipes, one for each day of fasting, a collection in which we gathered several kinds of recipes, from appetizers, to basic dishes and to desserts. You can browse it here.
I also have a blog festive post menu which I put into practice, not just compiled as a collection for the blog, in a year when it was my son's birthday. I hope it inspires you and you & # 8211 can browse it by clicking HERE.
I am also going to compile a collection of fasting soup / soup recipes, but at the moment I don't have so many recipes of this kind published on the blog. If you need a fasting cream soup, I recommend the simple, basic recipe & # 8211 click here and from the category of soups you have chickpea soup, Pleurotus mushroom soup, lettuce soup.
Now let's get back to our appetizers. You have a list below and to get to each recipe you will have to click on the name of the recipe. I gathered together almost everything I thought could be put on the table as an appetizer, even if it's a fasting pate or a salad. In the end I even have some zacusca recipes because they can also be used for this purpose.
Hasselback Potatis, the accordion potatoes, appeared in a restaurant of the same name in Stockholm, Sweden, in 1953. The creator of these delicious potato accordions seems to have been a chef named Leif Elisson from Värmland. These accordion potatoes were a huge success due to their excellent taste. A Hasselback potato is at the same time soft and fluffy like a baked potato, soaked in butter and with crispy portions, like fried potatoes.
Accordion potatoes go wonderfully simple for those who fast, for vegans or as a side dish to various meat dishes. Aromatic and tasty, they are made quite quickly, the ingredients being simple and accessible to anyone.
- 2 kg of medium potatoes
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 1 bunch of parsley
- Grated peel of a lemon
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, depending on how much you like
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chilli flakes - optional.
Method of preparation
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Peel a squash, grate it and wash it.
- Cut the potatoes into slices with a sharp knife and a very thin blade, so that we leave half a centimeter at its base.
- Put the potatoes with the cut side up, in a tray lined with baking paper and grease them with oil. Add more salt and bake for 55-60 minutes or until cooked through. From time to time, with the help of a brush, we grease them with the oil from the tray.
- In a bowl we put the lemon peel, the paprika, the finely chopped garlic, the finely chopped parsley, the pepper and the cell flakes, if we have chosen to make them spicy. We mix.
- After the potatoes are baked, sprinkle the composition with greens and grease them again with the oil in the pan, then leave them for another 5 minutes.
Accordion potatoes, other combinations of ingredients
If it is not a fasting day, these wonderful potatoes can be made with butter, instead of oil and seasoned with cheese, cheese, bacon, smoked ham.
You will instantly fall in love with these accordion potatoes! It is easy to prepare and is a very cheap recipe, suitable for those who fast.
The recipe is a basic one, the oil can be replaced with butter and you can add garlic or herbs to taste.
Another tasty option is the one in which you slice the potato thicker and add slices of kaizer and cheese in the opening.
Accordion Potatoes & # 8211 Hasselback Potato Recipe, Butter Potato Accordions
Potato accordion & # 8211 Hasselback potato recipe, potato accordions with butter & # 8211 culinary recipe, brief history of the preparation, list of ingredients and how to prepare step by step.
To tell you the truth, I avoid cooking these accordion potatoes too often. Not because we don't like it, but because we like it too much. Every time I have to prepare them in double portions, otherwise, three pairs of sad eyes stare at me reproachfully and by the way, I have never eaten one of these Hasselback potatoes without the regret that they are over.
The potato recipe Hasselback & # 8211 Hasselback Potatis, appeared in a restaurant of the same name. The action took place in Stockholm in 1953, and the creator of these delicious potato accordions seems to have been a chef named Leif Elisson from Värmland. Obviously, these accordion potatoes were a huge success, due to the excellent taste but also the special texture. A Hasselback potato is at the same time soft and fluffy like a baked potato, soaked in butter and with crispy portions, like fried potatoes. A lethal combination for any lust!
OTHER RECIPES WITH POTATOES
The original version contained only potatoes, butter, salt and pepper, but, like any dish whose success becomes global, these accordions of potatoes ended up being made in all sorts of variants. I present to you the following the basic version and I challenge you to improvise according to your own imagination and appetite.
How to bake eggplant for salad
Eggplants are tastier when grilled or on the stove fire than when baked in the oven.
So, in the first phase you have to prepare the grill or place a disk or a tray on the eye of the stove. Before placing the eggplants on the surface you are going to cook, it is mandatory to prick them from place to place with a fork, in order to prevent accidents during baking. While they are baking, there is a risk of them swelling and even exploding, so they must be stung.
After grilling the eggplants, sit next to them and turn them over whenever needed to make sure they don't burn. When the eggplants are evenly baked, you can take them off the grill. Put them in a plastic sieve and let them drain. After the aubergines drain, peel them, then leave them in the sieve again so that the bitter liquid in them drains completely.
The eggplants will be chopped on a wooden or plastic chopper, using a wooden or stainless steel utensil, otherwise the eggplant pulp will oxidize and turn black.
Romanian eggplant tapas
When we talk about eggplant, we immediately think of eggplant salad on bread. I suggest you try together another approach to the classic eggplant recipe. It is easy to prepare, with ingredients at hand anyway.
We start with the following ingredients:
- 2 medium eggplants
- 2 red onions
- plain butter or greens
- cream for cooking
- hot Chilli
- a bunch of parsley
- fresh bread
I washed the eggplants and cut them into cubes. Then I put the butter in a pan to melt. Either we use plain butter, or we make butter with greens. It's simple, just mix fresh butter with garlic and whatever greens you want (rosemary, thyme, basil, parsley, tarragon). After the butter melted, I added the chopped red onion and let it simmer.
I added the diced eggplant and put the lid on to simmer. I haven't forgotten about salt and pepper. When the aubergines were done, I added the cooking cream and the spicy paprika and mixed well.
I chopped the parsley and put it over the eggplant, then I took it off the heat. Then I cut a few slices of fresh bread and fit the eggplant on the plate. I admit, I ate while they were hot, but I liked the cold more.
Wash the eggplant and wipe with a towel. Place a grill over the flame. Place 2-3 eggplants so that it stays above the fire. Bake the eggplants for 20-25 minutes, rotating them on all sides.
Remove the eggplant from the heat and place in a container with a lid. Condensation will soften the eggplant and help the eggplant peel more easily. Leave the eggplant covered for 20 minutes.
Put an eggplant on a chopper. Cut the tail and then along the eggplant.
With a wooden or plastic spoon, lightly grate the pulp. (it is advisable not to use metal tools because they will oxidize the eggplant and it will blacken).
Place the cleaned pulp on an inclined shredder to ensure drainage. Allow to drain for at least 6 hours.
Chop the eggplant with a plastic or wooden knife until they become fine in the form of a paste.
In a bowl, place the chopped eggplant and season with salt. Add sunflower oil in small portions until the eggplant reaches a pleasant consistency. Tastes. Mix the oil well with the eggplant. You can use the mixer for faster mixing.
When the eggplants lighten in color, it means they are ready. Finely chop half an onion and add to the eggplant salad (optional).
You can also add finely chopped red onions as a decoration. Serve with toast.
Recipe video EGGPLANT SALAD lower:
Eggplant mousse with cheese
- 4 eggplants
- 200 gr tofu cheese
- 2 onions
- 4 tomatoes
- 100 ml oil
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons flour
- A spoonful of breadcrumbs
- Salt, pepper, thyme.
Method of preparation
Eggplants are washed and cut into slices about 2 cm thick. Salt and drain for half an hour. Meanwhile, put oil in a pan and fry the onion. Add diced tomatoes, garlic and spices over the onion. Leave everything to boil until the sauce thickens.
Put the eggplant slices in flour and then put them in a pan with a little oil to brown on both sides. Put a few tablespoons of sauce, a few slices of very thinly sliced tofu cheese in an ovenproof dish, then put the eggplant slices and repeat the steps until the bowl is full. The last layer of the dish should be sauce, and put breadcrumbs mixed with grated cheese on top and leave everything in the oven for about 40 minutes, at 180 degrees or until the moussaka gets a golden crust.